Amoric is a low-level emulator for Amiga with kickstart 2.04 or higher and
with a 68020 or faster CPU. A 68000 version is also included but it's
not supported anymore (it's V1.3). Anyway, it's too slow.
To run Amoric at a correct speed, you'll need at least a 68030/50MHz, but
to get a really oric feeling, a 68040 is better.
I run Amoric with a 68060, and it's really great.
Here's the amoric history, from 0.1 to 1.5.
- A quite good 6502 emulation.
- Graphics emulation (HIRES and TEXT mode, including double height and flash modes)
- 6522 and 8912 emulation, including Timers 1 & 2, the keyboard, and the joysticks.
- Load/Save on Floppy/Hard Disk (faster than the tape (really ?))
- Control Metakeys to perform different operations (Reset button, etc...)
- Sound (Not perfect yet, but cool...)
- Load/Save snapshots from/to disk/memory
- Joystick support, both P.A.S.E and programmable interfaces
- Selectable screen modes and video drivers for optimal compatibility/speed, including a monochrome display.
- Localization and documentation in german, swedish, french and spanish (and english).
- Hybrid graphic modes
- Digital sound and noises
- Floppy drives
- Direct tape loading/saving via the 6522
This is an Oric Atmos
Here, you can download different versions of the emulators, along with some others
doc files (still in construction).
Lots of tape files useable with Amoric (few incompatibilities).
Holds lots of stuff about the Oric (software, documentation, emulators).
A superb paper on my emulator in A-News (french Amiga magazine)